Adsense Top

Sunday 18 August 2019

I bought 1 gram of Gold via Public Gold's Gold Accumulation Program ( GAP )

I decided to start Gold saving ( Not Investment ). To hedge against inflation as bit difficult to get financing for properties now a day. And Fixed Deposit would loss against inflation.

After some research. It seem to open a Gold Investment Account ( GIA ) with local commercial bank required to start with 10 gram, or at least 5 gram. I find Public Gold's Gold Accumulation Program ( GAP ) that allowed me to start with 1 gram eventually.


 If price going up, you wait for price to come down. When price come down, you want to wait for further down. Forever would not take the first step. When you take the first step, then there is a benchmark. The price you bought become meaningfull, become a benchmark. If gold price rise above your benchmark, you know price is rising, if price come down form your benchmark. You know price is declining. You would not have benchmark if you never take the first step.


Without any delay, I immediately bought 1 gram of gold at RM201 per gram on 31 July 2019. As it is just saving, not investment. I never wait for the gold price to drop.Only god will know whether price will going up or down.  I just bought 1 gram regardless of it price.


If price decline after  I bought. I can just bought another gram next month to average out my cost.

Fortunately, I never wait and it is a blessing price increase after I bought.

All can completed online without required to go to branch if time not permit. Unlike commercial bank GIA, which required you to present to branch to open a Gold Investment Account.



You can see that I have bought another 49.2611 gram within one week. That is another story for my next blog post. Do come back.

Hopefully, the return is better than Fixed deposit.

No comments:

Post a Comment